Friday, March 25, 2016

Project Review: fizzing eggs!

For Easter weekend this year, we thought we would focus on something a bit different, so instead of chocolate and hot cross buns our house was full of SCIENCE!

I am a long time fan of the blog Fun at Home with Kids! This has been a great tool for a new mum like me with a little man who is very inquisitive and full of beans. I have tried a few of her tips and tricks before and thought we'd give the Hatching Dinosaur Eggs a try.

So instead of dinosaurs we used animals, my son loves wildlife and we spend at least two days a week at Wellington Zoo. I went to Iko Iko and bought some of their tiny animals and we were ready.

I won't go through all the steps. But I will say: if you want to make the eggs with your child, be prepared for mess! Toby had so much fun but I did have to vacuum for about 15 minutes to get all of the crystals out of the carpet afterwards. And I may have left Toby help with putting in the food colouring which resulted in a blue hand for two days. That one's on me!

The photo really doesn't do it justice, the fizzing was amazing and we had so much fun! I totally recommend this fun activity as an alternative to chocolate for Easter. 

No comments:

Post a Comment