Sunday, May 19, 2013

Old Reliable

Since my sewing machine broke a few weeks ago, I have been at a loose end. Bored and restless, I now realise how much thought and time went into planning each sewing project. But on the plus side, my kitchen is clean, all the washing is done and my kitten is enjoying the extra cuddle time.


So I brought out my old machine, the one I really learnt to sew on. I did a lot of sewing on the machines at school but this machine helped me through a lot of trial and error, and eventually discovering I can put two pieces of fabric together to make something wonderful. My favourite thing about this machine is the knee pedal! The fabric you can see in the photo above is the gorgeous Karearea fabric I drew, there is also a Kea fabric and I'm working on a Morepork and Waxeye fabric too. The Kearearea and Kea fabric has been made into beautiful scarves that you can now purchase from my Felt store, so click on the link and check them out.

No comments:

Post a Comment